Saturday, June 1, 2013

I recently completed building another replica from this era of drag racing.  This time it is a Jr. Stocker.  The car was run by the team of Ott and Ryan out of Aberdeen, South Dakota.  There were quite a few Oldsmobiles from '49 thru '52 running around the country.  I remember either a '49 or '50 Olds Jr. Stocker that ran at Kil-Kare Drag Strip during the years I raced there.  The driver called himself "Hill Billy Duncan".  That car really ran well and was a regular class winner.  He would take the tops off his trophies and bolt them onto the hood, roof and trunk lid of his race car.  They looked like two rows of racing stripes going over the car.  I also remember the time I went to National Trails Drag Strip near Columbus, Ohio and the '56 Olds Jr. Stocker that blew my doors off my Mustang in the first round. 
 
As usual, I try to always provide a photo of the real car that I have built the replica of.  That is the first photo shown below.  I hope that you enjoy looking at my other photos.
 
 
I built this model using the Revell '50 Olds Coupe and modified the body converting it to a Sedan.  I was surprised that it was an easy conversion.  I plan on doing another Olds project in the future.  The next one will be to convert the Coupe to a 2 door Hardtop.






 
 
 
 
 



 

1 comment:


  1. Need of owner(s) of 1957 Corvette red race car (i.e. vin # E57S101335 ) that was sold to Canadian person George Pascoe in
    1976. CAR WAS REGISTERED IN OHIO IN BUTLER COUNTY
    Black seats. No roll bar . Replacement 327 cu. in. engine. Car had “I”
    BEAM front suspension lift. Morosso hood scoop. Americain Thrust Wheels. Morosso Tach . Originally car was a heater
    and radio delete red three
    speed fuel injected car.

    Picture can be seen at;
    name owner red 1957 Corvette in 1959 era video | Queen City Motorsports ...
    qcmmessageboard.proboards.com › General Board

    http://s28079.storage.proboards.com/1528079/t/RBHeRyRSGXgEnkHvSN5z.jpg

    car raced at:

    (i) Beechmount or (ii) Hamilton Tri-State Dragway or (iii) Xenia Kil-Kare Dragstrip or (iv) Edgewater Raceway Park Drag Strip or
    (v) Rock Haven Drag Strip



    Bill Keogh

    E mail: wllmkeogh@yahoo.com

    Tel : 905-8712341

    ReplyDelete